How are you breathing today?
It's a strange question, but breathing is an automatic response and we don't always give it the required attention.
The way we breathe makes a significant difference to our health and well-being. Here's why...
When we pay attention to breathing well, we achieve the following benefits:
* The body receives more oxygen, which is important for maintaining health on every level.
* Correct exhaling gets rid of the body's toxins more effectively.
* By breathing correctly, posture improves.
* Being mindful of each breath brings about a deep sense of relaxation, which helps to erase tension and stress.
* When we focus on the breath, we become 'present' and experience a sense of being revitalized.
So, correct breathing is essential for good health and you can improve your well-being by giving it attention on a daily basis. Try this little exercise:
Lie on your back so you can feel the effects of each breath. Relax. As you inhale, breathe into your belly. You should feel your belly rise as you breathe in. Hold your breath for a few seconds and then slowly exhale. As you exhale, you should feel your belly sink. Repeat this deep breathing exercise for around 20-40 breaths every day, and notice how you feel after a week or so of practice.
Want some help on how to get the most out of each breath? Discover the Power of Breathing!
Take charge of your health and well-being today. Start with each breath. It really is that easy!
'One way to break up any kind of tension is good deep breathing.' -Byron Nelson